Sonntag, 21. April 2013

Dark theme for Eclipse Juno on dark Xfce in 3 steps

[EDIT 2013/11/08]
In the meantime, Eclipse Kepler was released and I have moved to an Eclipse installation via Arch User Repository. I do not know which of both broke my guide, but I really couldn't get it to work any more, so I checked the web again and found THIS "install-new-software"-installable theme via Stackoverflow. To turn it on, go the same way as before (Window->Preferences->General->Appearance).

Hey folks!

Since I had to spend some time googling again to make this work, I thought I'd just write down the necessary steps for some of you.

Actually it is pretty easy to "dark theme" eclipse juno when knowing how to:
  1. Install "dark juno" by Roger Dudler from here by
    1. Downloading the plugin zip file
    2. Extracting the "plugin" folder from the zip with its contents to <eclipse installation directory>/dropins/
    3. (Re-)starting Eclipse
    4. Navigating to Window->Preferences->General->Appearance and choosing "Dark Juno" in the dropdown
  2. Install the Eclipse Color Theme from the Eclipse Market
  3. Look for a nice theme on http://eclipsecolorthemes.org/ and apply it via Window->Preferences->General->Appearance->Color theme
That should be it. My result (with Color theme "Zenburn") looked like this:

Happy coding!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Thanks for spending time on giving me feedback. I really appreciate it :)