Samstag, 16. Februar 2013

[Fedora 18 x64] Enable Adobe flash player in Steam for Linux

Hey folks!

The last two days I played around a little with the (relatively) new steam for linux.
One thing I noticed was, that game preview videos did not play with the notice that flash player wasn't installed.
So I searched the web and finally found THIS guide, which basically just
  1. downloads the 32bit flash player from HERE
  2. extracts the libflashplayer.so from it and 
  3. places it in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. You will need super user rights to do this.
This worked fine for me, although you have to make sure the lib is marked executable (and readable, of course). If you can't remember the command, here you go:

sudo chmod 755 /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Afterwards, restart steam if it has been running and enjoy!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Thanks for spending time on giving me feedback. I really appreciate it :)